|"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,|
and a light unto my path." - Ps. 119:105
This will be a quick and short post, before I end the day in prayer before God and head to bed. Easter is now two days behind me. As I look back on the last week, I'm left with the question:
Where to from here?
This Easter was unlike any other in my life so far. It was the first time that I, by the grace of God, made a determined effort to follow the events of Holy Week in detail and depth. I earnestly sought Him to personally speak into my life through what I read in Scripture. God has been more than gracious; He has touched and my heart and my ignorant mind in a very powerful way during the last week. As I reflect on the lessons learned, I want to make a note of what God is bringing to my attention in my life that needs the power of His Spirit to change:
- The Holy Spirit - I really need to know Him more and need His power to live a godly life
- A need for sanctification and holiness in my inner man
- Faithfulness and discipline in my public and private life, for the glory of God
- My pride must be crushed, with a broken spirit and a contrite heart (Ps. 51:17)
- I need the humility of Christ, who humbled himself and became a servant (Phil. 2:3-8)
- "What is desired in a man is kindness..." (Prov. 19:22). Is that seen in my character?
- "...full of grace and truth." (John 1:14). I really struggle in this area and I want to change
- Walk alongside those who are weaker; offer my strength and support as Christ did for me
- An end to "self" - self-image, self-confidence, self-wisdom, self-effort, self-seeking, self-help
- My prayer life - disciplined, fervent, humble, and persevering
- Watch my tongue. Talk less, read the Word, pray and meditate more.
This are some of the major things that I can think of at the moment. I really need the help of Christ to change and live the life of a godly man. I'm going to commit these in prayer to Him and end the day. Good night.
- The Wisdom Seeker